Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sketchy Saturday: Watercolor Pencil

Due to my wrist pains, I've been using a watercolor pencil to draw with and use a brush pen that has a capsule for water on it to darken my lines when I need to. It's training me to not draw so dark thus reliving tension in my wrist.
I also got a new sketchbook that I plan on doing looser drawings in. Moleskines are difficult sometimes because I'm scared to ruin the nice paper with bad drawings, but I plan on getting on to do more refined drawings once my wrist is better.

 
And today's life drawing session, I didn't get a chance to continue reading Michael Hampton's book but it's interesting to see last week's lesson merge into my current habits.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the kind words Stacy!

    This update is awesome, damn you draw nice and fluid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great sketches! i hope your wrist gets better soon too, it sucks with wrist pain..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, thank you both Rodrigo and Lars!

    ReplyDelete