Friday, January 27, 2012

30 Day Challenge: Day 4

I'm super pleased with how this one turned out! It was a lot of fun to paint and I absolutely love the colors. Gouache is becoming my best friend.

I didn't really get a chance to explain the characters, as the previous entry was made very late in the night. I've always had this love story about the sun and moon, and always had an idea of what the moon character looks like. It wasn't until very recently that I sat down and actually thought about how I wanted the sun to look like. I wanted them to be opposites: she's practically naked, he's fully clothed, her face is easily seen while his is constantly in shadow, etc. I think that's what make these illustrations some of my favorites.

"While he watches her from afar: Sun" - 6" x 9"
 Gouache and acrylic on Arches Cold Pressed Watercolor Block

Here they are side by side. I wanted to do another with both of them, but alas - I ran out of time and my wrist has been acting up. 
They will be on display and for sell at the Weavver Gallery in Downtown Fullerton for the "Pairings" show. I'll be there for the opening on First Friday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment