Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Commission: A Little Girl's Fantasy Land

I have done a few murals for the family who commissioned this piece. After the second mural I did for their youngest daughter, the oldest asked me if I could paint her imaginary world. At first, she wanted a mural, but I suggested a painting - to which the mom agreed. Later in the day, I was delivered a drawing from the girl, and felt completely inspired to use the drawing as the foundation of the painting. I was also inspired by the trend of turning toddlers' drawings into art pieces or photography. 

For Avalon: A Little Girl's Fantasy Land
Acrylic on canvas, 16"x20"

Avalon's original drawing

2 comments:

  1. Awe inspiring! I could see you commissioning books filled with elementary school art-inspired works for families whose kids are starting junior high. Could be very lucrative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a good job! I bet she was very happy :] It's great that you managed to maintain the elements in her picture.
    Also, the fact that her name is Avalon? amazing.

    ReplyDelete